Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2015

04. Nov. 2015 - MUC - IQQ


 

Flight from Munich via Madrid to Santiago with Iberia. Heavy air traffic especially around Zuerich. Although the plane from Madrid to Santiago is about completely full, the seat next to me remains free - lucky me … In Santiago I buy a prepaid SIMcard from Entel for my iPhone and take a night flight with LANchile to Iquique. Arrived in Iquique around 4am I walk to the air control office and sit down in front of a locked entrance, were we usually entered the building from the parking lot. I don't know, that during night time another door has to be used and my sitting around is not unwatched by cameras and so the airport security guys arrive with dogs. As soon as they realize, that I am just a paraglider pilot, who wants to deposit copies from his passport, pilot license and insurance policy, everything works out very friendly and "good colleagues"-like and after having done all the formalities they drive me back to the airport, show, explain and help me lot there. Finally I go by a "colectivo" to town.